Monday, October 25, 2010

Slow Your Roll!

So what do you do when you're confined to a space and people are sending out nothing but negative vibes?  I consider myself a strong person---NO, I am strong, and it's taken me some time to develop this strength I now have.  I'm a self-evaluator (by nature??) so I've spent many years developing the level of self awareness that I can say I have for myself.  I have even come to a space in my life where I know how to maintain a certain vibe to pull the things I want into my life (others call this the law of attraction.  I don't know it to be quite that deep yet).  But what I'm struggling with now is how to maintain my positive energy when I can't always choose who I'm going to spend my time with, and I'm with folks who can't stand to say two nice words about anyone.  It's a mindset I won't fall into.  Life is so different when you look for the positives in people and bring light to them.  It makes life worth living, and I believe you love yourself more because of it. I guess the best I can do for now is look for the positives in the gossipers and keep on steppin' -- because I got too much going on to do worse than that.

1 comment:

WonderfullyUntamed said...

Its funny, a few hours after my last post was made, a man at work tested my patience with a disrespectful approach to a conversation with me regarding one of our students. It was just the mess I needed to let me know just how willing I am to stand my ground, of course on strong principles. Yay me!